Yesterday I decided that it was time to tackle the brooches I had taken with me to FQR but never quite got around to working on. I stitched up these Liberty yoyos with some co-ordinating solids - ash, purple and a steel blue colour Riley Blake solid that came in my FQR goodie bag.
These ones were little oddments that I started at a workshop long ago and figured I should just add a brooch pin and somebody might buy them. Admittedly they aren't the prettiest, but they might appeal to someone and raise a penny or two for Bee Blessed.
Some more in hot, bright colours which I had cut with the intention of making up in January. Seems the deep, grey winter was making me long for some colour!
Last week as I was tidying away the scrap remnants from my MIL's Birthday Sampler quilt, I suddenly thought that the fabric trimmings would make sweet brooches. So I played with the soluble fabric and my slivers and made more scrappy fabric to cut wee hearts and flowers from. The first one will be for my MIL.
And this little lot should hopefully attract our exhibition visitors to part with their cash. These are my favourites I think.
So, brooches made, job done and a tick off my August list! Successful stitching Saturday.