I have finally managed to bring all those scrap vortex bits (and their gazillion seams) together in a whole quilt top. It was a bigger feat than I had anticipated and in spite of having enjoyed the 'leaders and enders' approach with which the quilt started, I have to admit I fell out of love with it a bit when it came to making all of those scrappy sections fit one another. You wouldn't think it takes much, but when the scraps you're working with are quite wee, then any trimming can potentially render them unusable. So, there's a bit more thinking and head scratching involved than perhaps I had energy for.
Nevertheless, I did get there and had a final flimsy measuring 54" x 61.5" , which isn't very big really but big enough for this one. I even managed to reduce that B&C stash a bit more by adding a full B&C backing (IG destash 3m piece of Happy Go Lucky).
Don't panic over the falling out of love thing! That was quickly rectified by some super quick wavy line quilting and a B&C red gingham binding (Vintage Picnic, I think) and now I'm all heart eyes for this scrapilicious little lap quilt.
Someone else likes it very much too - she's been using it as a mat to spin on!!