Monday, 28 December 2020
Kindred Spirits QAL - Weeks 14, 15 &16
Wednesday, 23 December 2020
Sunday, 20 December 2020
TATS Christmas Swap
Friday, 18 December 2020
The big stitch hand-quilting took me a bit longer to get around to but I think it finishes it nicely and now it is keeping my perfumes and lotions from spoiling the dresser top in the bedroom.
I do like a quick, satisfying make!
Wednesday, 16 December 2020
Tooth Fairy Pillow
My little Miss lost her first tooth last weekend. We spotted the wobblers (both lower bottom ones) during the week and were surprised that this was happening so soon. So, when the most wobbly one wobbled its way out we had to think quickly about how the tooth fairy might collect this lost treasure, especially since CT does not sleep on a pillow herself!
Of course it was a good excuse to pick some cute fabric and get stitching a special tooth fairy pillow. CT chose the Heather Ross bee print herself. It was fun to let her choose her own!
If you fancy having a go yourself, all I did was:
1. Cut 2 5.5" squares of fabric for the front and back of your pillow.
2. Cut a tooth shape from white felt. Ensure that it is no larger than 3" square.
3. Stitch the tooth shaped felt to the front pillow fabric. You can see I offset mine because of the Bee position on the fabric, but you could centre it if you wish. I top-stitched approx ⅛" from the edge of the felt, securing the right side, across the bottom and up the left side, leaving the top of the tooth unstitched as the opening to receive the Tooth Fairy's offerings.
4. Blanket stitch in cotton perle all the way around the tooth felt.
5. Pin two lengths of ribbon to the top edge of the back pillow fabric and tack in place.
6. Now, lay the front and back pillow fabrics right sides together. Stitch all the way around the pillow leaving a small opening at the bottom edge to allow for turning through.
7. Trim off excess fabric at the corners, turn though and stuff the little pillow, closing the gap with an invisible ladder stitch.
8. At this point I added the pompom trim by hand (only because I could get it to work at step 6 while sewing the little pillow by machine.
CT was very excited as I cut and stitched the simple little pillow, and thankfully it was ready on time for the Tooth Fairy's visit!
Monday, 14 December 2020
Mini Christmas Stockings
Saturday, 12 December 2020
Thursday, 10 December 2020
Kindred Spirits QAL - Week 13
This is week 13 and our block in the Kindred Spirits QAL is the Light of Life Lantern.
Wednesday, 9 December 2020
Kindred Spirits QAL - Week 12