Sunday 13 June 2021

Create Every Day

Create Every Day - how many of us wish that every day was a day to create, to stitch, to indulge our passion?  Well, it might not be exactly possible, but we could try for as many days as we can, right?  It's good for our brains, good for our emotions and helps balance out our mental health.  I'm ALL for giving it a go ;-)



This cross-stitch pattern is a freebie by Teresa Kogut which I found on the Fat Quarter Shop website here.

Stitching this was the first time I ever stitched with Sulky 12wt thread.  This is a blendable (the Sulky name for variegated) thread from a mixed pack of Sulky Petites.  Each single strand of Sulky floss is said to be equivalent to 2 strands of DMC floss, so with Sulky there's no having to separate strands of floss, you just pull off the spool and go.  I was really impressed with my experience of this thread.  It stitched beautifully, had lovely coverage on the even weave fabric I used and was a gorgeous colour.  It was also a great feel to stitch with, so there will definitely be more Sulky stitching in my future.



I used the cross-stitch piece as a panel for a project bag because what could be more perfect than a project bag encouraging you to stitch more?  Paired with floral Liberty of London and some Essex Linen in Oyster, I love how this large pouch came together.



I trialled the Sulky for quilting this project bag also and it stitched beautifully.  It's a nice change for a slightly heavier weight look in quilting, perfect for a little embellishment on pouches and small stitchy pieces.

All in all, I love everything about this little project, and of course, it won't be long before I have another new start project to put it to good use!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for your blog.Your blog is very informative and giving high-quality facts. I’ve seen an internet site that provides me fine Embroidery Digitizing at a totally affordable cost.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please read carefully
    It is important to educate yourself about common illnesses, healthy women and men. it's business
    Intermediate bone marrow (kidney organs) in the kidneys, testes and 100% heavy contact dose. Send email to Marialadrimaholyclinic@gmail.com
    We have enough
    It is important to have a good experience.
    Do you want opportunities, opportunities, opportunities to achieve financial gain?
    I've bought your head
    for 880,000 euros
    Price: 570,000 euros
    Ovary: 300,000 to
    Mr. Larsen: SEK 450,000
    VIB / Sida Ultra Vibros 11 what we are allowed, what we are allowed VIB / SIDA Ultra Vibros 11
    Send us an email
    Email;
    email address; Marialadrimaholyclinic@gmail.com
    what: pregnancy
    Me with respect

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I do try to respond to every comment, but forgive me if occasionally time does not permit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...