Friday 7 August 2020

Follow Your Dreams Embroidery SAL





Following the huge success of the first Un Chat Dans L'Aiguille SAL, Christel kindly obliged our many requests for a second.  In June, I once again had the pleasure of working through some new and some familiar stitches to complete the stages of this gorgeous butterfly garden design.

For this one, I ordered the pre-printed fabric and the thread pack (and maybe one or two other pretties while I was there).  I must say that the finer printing of the design and the better quality threads than the ones in my stash made more of a difference to the outcome of my stitching than I expected.  Lesson learned.  I also learned quite a number of new and tricky stitches on this one.  Some of them still need a lot of practice but I think I made a fair stab at them.

The video tutorials for this SAL are still available on You Tube if you are interested.  I cannot recommend Christel's teaching enough, please do check her out and keep an eye out for the next SAL planned for sometime in Sept/Oct. I think I heard Christel hint that it might have a Christmas theme.  I will definitely be hoping I have time to participate in that one when it comes around.

Huge thanks to Christel and her team for all the work they generously put in to providing this SAL, and the previous one, during the lockdown days of global pandemic.  It was a refreshing diversion! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I do try to respond to every comment, but forgive me if occasionally time does not permit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...