Friday 21 August 2020

Coasters galore!







As we were deep in plans for our house move in January, I stitched up some tiny hexies flowers with the intention of finishing them as coasters for our new lounge.  


Rummaging in boxes recently I found the hexie flowers again and finished them into the coasters anyway.  We can always use some new ones even if we aren't in a new house.



I love them, especially the little bit of hand quilting I added.  Of course, they are Bonnie and Camille favourites, too.



I made two more coasters for our bedside tables just because I have had the pattern bookmarked for ages.  It's Sedef Imer's Quilted Coaster Tutorial.  They were quick and fun and used up a few more B&C scraps. I made a little change to the tutorial though. Rather than piecing the back of the coaster from two pieces of fabric and leaving a turning gap there, I just used a single fabric on the back and left a couple of inches open on the side of the leaf.  I felt it was a little neater overall, and the topstitching around the edge closed everything in again nicely.

No excuses for coffee marks on furniture in our house now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I do try to respond to every comment, but forgive me if occasionally time does not permit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...