Tuesday 18 October 2016

A Little Happy Christmas Sew Along

Did you see the Merry Christmas Mini Quilt Sew Along by Pretty Fabrics and Trims? Are you joining in?



I spotted Sarah's sneak peeks of this little sew along on IG quite a while back and I waited eagerly to see how it would look and when it might be available to follow.  Well, it's up on the blog now.  Every Friday for five weeks, instructions to make the very pretty little Christmas wallhanging are being posted on the shop blog.  If you fancy joining in, the first post was on 30 September.

I've managed to follow along and keep up to date for the first three posts anyway.

First week - piecing the background

Second week - Appliqué tree and hexies

Third week - redwork embroidery Christmas pudding and greeting

I'm enjoying the variety of techniques in this little project and the fact that there is indeed a good chance it will be ready to use this year.  Good to be up to date with one of my projects, right? ;-)


If you fancy giving it a go yourself, you're not too late.  Each week has only taken me about an hour's worth of work, so it's not too time intensive to have a little bit of pretty in time for your seasonal decorating.

2 comments:

  1. This is really sweet. It is a lovely idea to have quick projects that look fabulous but don't talk over our busy lives. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! Now I'm in the mood for Christmas pudding (I always prefer it out of season! Weird, I know!). Jxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I do try to respond to every comment, but forgive me if occasionally time does not permit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...