Saturday 15 June 2013

Le Challenge # 3 - Maritime


Le Challenge


Over at Le Challenge the theme set for June was "maritime" - just in time to get us all in the summer hols mood.

I thought it over and realised I had just the pattern for this theme, courtesy of Just Jude Designs and a cushion class I took a few summers ago.  That cushion was given away as a gift to my niece, so this month's challenge was the perfect excuse to make a wee row of beach huts to keep all for myself.




Hee hee - these make me smile!

I adapted the sizing of the cushion pattern to make a smaller version to fit over a stretched canvas from a bargain shop, and just neatly wrapped the quilty pic around the frame fixing in place on the back with a staple gun.


And now they are adding a little spot of cheery colour to my empty bathroom wall!


Now I'm off to check out the other maritime makes on the Le Challenge linky!

22 comments:

  1. Oh! I love them! Beach huts really remind me of my childhood and make me smile!! Yours are lovely, gorgeous bright fabrics too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, love! Bunting, bright coloured beach huts and the sea, what could be more summery?! Love that you made it into a canvas too, I've never done that before, will have to keep that in mind :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so pretty Sarah! Brilliant idea to make it into a canvas. Love your summery fabric choices!
    Thanks for linking up :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. They're quite charming and summery :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh perfect and so summer-y and pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the colours, it’s so summery!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well that's a bit clever! I've a beach hut blind in my bathroom and a space on a wall. Hmmmmm *strokey beard*

    ReplyDelete
  8. These would cheer up any wall! Even lovelier in real life! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this - the beach huts are so bright and colourful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. so cute, this give me a wonderful idea on how to display a mini

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great mini! Love the colours and EVERYTHING else! ;-)
    Esther
    esthersipatchandquilt at yahoo com
    ipatchandquilt dot wordpress dot com

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a great mini! Amazing in your bathroom! Thanks for participating in le challenge...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love it Sarah. The colours are so cheerful too and great idea to put it on a canvas!

    ReplyDelete
  14. this is so cute - and a great way to decorate your bathroom :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your beach huts are wonderful!! They make me want to go on a beachy holiday. Such a great idea to put them onto a canvas.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So cute! I love these little cheery beach huts!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a cute and clever wall decoration :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely! Such a nice spot of colour on the white wall!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beech huts always make me smile! They do need some company on that wall thoug. Maybe so,etching toffee!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a great idea! It is so sunny and it makes me smile too. :) Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the little huts! They are just adorable! Perfect for your colorless bathroom wall, it makes all the difference!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I do try to respond to every comment, but forgive me if occasionally time does not permit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...