Wednesday 3 April 2013

Making Me Smile - 14/52




We are just back from a lovely long weekend in the South of England where my men competed in the JK International Orienteering Festival (and yes, I froze my bum off waiting for them to finish their races) and a two day whirlwind stopover in London on the way home.  What has really made me smile over the past few days is the pleasure my lovely son has had in seeing the sights of the capital city for the first time.

I have been to London just a few times myself but being with him on his first visit reminded me how amazing it can be to take in all those famous landmarks for yourself.  Frequent "awesomes" were uttered and I lost track of how many times he said "I can't believe I've actually seen Buckingham Palace/Big Ben/Tower of London/Tower Bridge" etc etc.  It was wonderful to share in his first experience of the capital city and I think his age is just perfect for taking in all that he got to see and do. His fascination with the Tube was also unexpected, but after two and a half days nipping from place to place on the Underground, he's now a dab hand at figuring it all out and at balancing while standing in the carriages.  Who knew some of these things would be such a big deal to him?

Anyway, I hope you have all had Easter breaks to cause you to smile too!



PS - I did take the "mystery" EPP with me to while away the waiting hours, but we were much busier than I had expected so I haven't got much to show you on that front yet.  But soon, I hope.  I really hope.

7 comments:

  1. so glad u had a good time!! i love the astonishment kids display ! so genuine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. How Brilliant!! I only live 50 miles from London but still get excited by trips!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you all had a brilliant trip! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. London is a brilliant place to visit and your son is the perfect age to get the max out of it. I'm actually in london too tonight! Di x

    ReplyDelete
  5. We felt the same way when we took the kids to London, it was all about seeing things that they had read about in books and seen on television. So cool. I still sort of feel that way about it myself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. London is the best place - loved it as a child, loved living there and love showing my child. Sweet image and sounds like you all had a fab time :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think London is a fantastic place to visit. Every time I go, there is something new to see. Glad you all had such a great time

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I do try to respond to every comment, but forgive me if occasionally time does not permit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...