Wednesday 20 January 2021

Kindred Spirits QAL - Week 19

 


It's the whole shebang this week, by which I mean, it's time to get our Kindred Spirits quilt tops pieced together from all this lovely blocks Judith has been teaching us to make.  So, here she is -



I'm not sure I realised as I was making her how big she would turn out to be.  She's quite a sizable 64" x 77" and I love her!  This has been a real pleasure to piece and at times has been quite challenging too, but its good to learn new things and Judith certainly had lots of content and knowledge to pass on in all her video tutorials. They're still available here if you fancy a wee lockdown challenge of your own.


Once I got the top together, I decided I'd use the leftovers and a few other fabrics of similar style to piece a backing.  Made quite a dent in my stash!  

So, that's me almost ready for next week's quilting stage.  I need some inspiration for how I'd like to quilt it, so I've got my thinking cap on.  Need to get my big girl pants on, too, and get her basted, but I'll think about that on Friday ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I do try to respond to every comment, but forgive me if occasionally time does not permit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...