Friday 15 January 2021

Kindred Spirits QAL - Week 18


This week was the last of the quilt blocks for the Kindred Spirits QAL - three mid sized blocks, two with orange peels and one with hearts, all appliqué by method of choice.


Way back in September, when this QAL kicked off, the very first block was appliqué and Judith's video tutorials offered a choice of machine appliqué or needle-turn appliqué.  Back then I opted to have a go at the machine appliqué (you can see my efforts here).  So, this time I indulged my hand stitching preference and parked myself on the sofa for a couple of evenings to needle-turn them.  I always find it tricky to line up orange peel points in the centre well, and there was a reasonable amount of unpicking and re-stitching to get these to the point where you can't tell from a distance they don't meet ;-)

I'm a little bit sad that there are no more blocks to make for this QAL, but there's putting together and quilting to come in the next fortnight so I'll be too busy to mope for long ;-)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I do try to respond to every comment, but forgive me if occasionally time does not permit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...