Saturday 9 January 2021

Kindred Spirits QAL - Week 17

 

Week 17 of Kindred Spirits QAL is Spools!  I enjoyed using up the last pieces of some of my favourite 30's style fabrics for this week's blocks.  


I wasn't sure what colour fabric to make the spool ends for these.  I trialled some yellows and then some more muted orange shades but they weren't quite right especially as the sunflower block next to which these will sit are largely oranges and yellows too.  In the end, I remembered I had these scraps of soft grey and I think they work well.  Neutral enough not to look like I have randomly introduced another colour at this late stage of the project.

Hard to believe there are only three weeks of this QAL left.  I will be glad to see it all come together but very sorry for the weekly motivation and fantastic teaching to come to an end.  

This Just Jude Design class will remain available for purchase on the website though, so if you would like a brilliant project with step by step, comprehensive teaching to entertain you through this latest lockdown, do pop over and buy it.  You'll be able to work at your own pace and it is truly worth every penny!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I do try to respond to every comment, but forgive me if occasionally time does not permit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...