Sunday 11 March 2012

Bee Weekend

I've been a busy Bee this weekend - the Bee Blessed kind of Bee.

Yesterday we got together as a Bee group to stitch away the afternoon bringing together quilts for gifting to  folks who need a little touch of thoughtfulness in their lives.  If  I had remembered to take photographs with the camera which sat beside my sewing machine all afternoon I could show you some of the five or six different quilt projects that were on the go.  Sorry!

I can show you this fun, bright dinosaur panel which was very generously donated and on which I spent yesterday afternoon and this morning at work.  It's now ready just to have the binding stitched on the back and a wee label added.   Isn't it so much fun for kids?  I think this one is destined for a nursery unit at a Social Action Project in Belfast for families in need.




I also spent today working on a smaller Bee project.  I used the remaining beautiful pink wonky star blocks to make up a little girl's quilt.  This one is just 37" square but would be a great little pram blanket or play quilt.



And, just so you don't think that all of my quilting is waves at the moment here's proof of some diagonal line quilting.


It does now have some gingham binding added but I'll have to show you a pic another day as the camera battery just died.  (Not great with cameras you may have noticed!)

And finally, here's a pic of my Dad's retirement quilt finished - better idea of the navy and cream fabrics in this outdoor shot.



Great fun!

6 comments:

  1. Well you have been a busy bee! How do you manage to pack it all in? Your charity quilts will be much appreciated. Your Dad's quilt is great. Di xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful weekend. I really love your dad's quilt and I expect he will too. It is sophisticated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Busy but satisfying weekend. Your dad's quilt looks suitably manly and perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you sleep at all this weekend? These are looking brilliant! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I either take pictures of EVERYTHING in sight...or forget all together!! the dinosaurs are really fun x

    ReplyDelete
  6. fabulous retirement quilt for your dad, love the colours and the quilting

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I do try to respond to every comment, but forgive me if occasionally time does not permit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...