Saturday 22 January 2011

I've had mail...

When I saw Denyse Schmidt's Greenfield Hills collection on sale at fabricworm.com I thought the Blueberry fabrics would work up into the disappearing 9 patch quillow really well (here's hoping I was right).  I have never ordered fabrics from the USA before but took a chance and am really delighted with the result and the price - if only UK pricing could be so good! Although I think my package snuck in under the customs radar which helped keep costs down, too.   I know these fabrics have received a mixed response out there in blogland, but I really loved the blues and think they will be timeless which I hope is the most suitable choice for my quillow recipient. Now I just need some time to get cutting...

6 comments:

  1. I find blues such comforting colours, and not at all cold (as they are described in the colour wheel). I love your mix of patterns and know they will be perfect for the disappearing 9 patch pattern. Can't wait to see the finished quillow! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I personally love blues. And think they are perfect. Do what makes you happy you will have happier results in the end. Looking forward to seeing your quillow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I´ve tried purchasing through the web too. I was happy with my choices when they arrived but mailing prices were way too high and more than doubled the price of the fabric. Din´t like that part of the deal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Donna you are so right. I think to really love your project you need to be happy about the fabric choices you make. Wouldn't be the first time I really felt uninspired by fabric I never really loved. These ones I do, so I hope my aunt will too when I gift her the quillow. Thanks for your comment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for commenting Beatriz. Sadly here in the UK our fabric prices are twice as expensive as the US so ordering internationally is still an option eve with postage rates. Still it can be a bit risky. Hope you have somewhere local you can pick up good supplies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for sharing your post.
    to get fabric on demand from weaveron textile.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I do try to respond to every comment, but forgive me if occasionally time does not permit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...