Wednesday 17 February 2021

Fully Finished Embroideries

February is marching on apace and I need to do a few catch up posts documenting my makes and progress.  Today I'll start with some sweet embroidery finishes.


Emilie Aime La Pluie (kit from Un Chat Dans L'aiguille) was started back in October and I got more than halfway before Emilie succumbed to our redecoration and then Christmas plans.  But I was determined to finish her completely so she can be hung up and admired.  It just took one evening at the end of January to add all the finishing stitches.  I do love this little design so much!




I had also joined the Un Chat Dans L'aiguille Noel SAL slightly late (mid-November, I think) with great intentions of finishing on time to display for last year's festive celebrations.  I was going great guns at one point (not sure I ever shared progress here) but then I hit the bullion stitches and got myself a bit hung up on them.  So I basically avoided it for a while before running out of time to achieve a pre-Christmas finish.  So better late than never, this one also got a little attention late January to complete the stitches.




A little fabric wrapping of hoops created a perfect finish for both the embroideries and I really am delighted to have them as Fully Finished Objects (FFOs).



This week I wrapped another hoop and mounted the previous Un Chat Dans L'aiguille Follow Your Dreams SAL piece.   This one is so spring-like and cheerful. I can't wait to hang it up now.  

It feels good to get things properly finished up and to be able to enjoy them better than when they're lying in a WIP pile!


1 comment:

  1. Oh my, these are just delightful. I especially like the Christmas design. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I do try to respond to every comment, but forgive me if occasionally time does not permit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...