Saturday 2 June 2018

Being Realistic




Dear Jane,

It's not you, it's me.

No seriously, it is me.  I want to have the commitment it takes to replicate your beautiful quilt design by EPP, but I just haven't got what it takes.  If we were to do the maths based upon my productivity so far, I think we could be talking about several lifetimes before this quilt would be complete, and well, unless I happen upon the elixir of youth fairly shortly, I don't have several lifetimes to spare.

So, I think my 25 blocks (sadly very far short of the full quota I hoped for) should become a pretty wallhanging as testimony to my efforts.  These little blocks have been wonderful and frustrating in equal measure, but it's time to admit that in this case I have bitten off more than I can chew, as it were.

Perhaps you will always be the quilt that got away from me. Or, maybe one day I will find myself flush with time and choose a quicker way of piecing your quilt designs? Whichever, for now I salute you, Jane, for your perseverance and for your patience with so very many teeny pieces of fabric and I dedicate my meagre effort to the memory of your inspirational quilt.

Kindest regards,
Sarah


3 comments:

  1. We have all been there, started something and then thought it wasn't going to happen. A lovely mini wall hanging is still a wonderful finish though. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is absolutely beautiful! And there's nothing wrong with reassessing partway through a project and changing the plan. Or, indeed, scrapping it all together and foisting the thing on an unsuspecting friend *looks innocent* And this way you get to admire the thing as a whole, rather than a few blocks at a time in a big quilt. Dear Jane, you're still beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done!

    Priorities sometimes need to eb reassessed, adn you have made something beautiful out of your reassessment.
    Go girl, go!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I do try to respond to every comment, but forgive me if occasionally time does not permit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...