On my list of things to make before the time comes to vacate my sewing room are new basket liners for a very basic little wicker basket which I thought would come in handy for baby changing supplies (nappies and the like). Not knowing whether I will need boy or girl items, I am choosing to make only a very few, small baby items pre-arrival - ones that don't take forever or use millions of supplies so that making two options is affordable in terms of bothtime and fabric.
I didn't really know what I was doing making basket liners to be honest. I took the original calico liner and tried to take some measurements of the full piece, the darts, the foldover etc, but it was much harder than that sounds. Probably because the original was an el cheapo and not terribly well made.
I had a go anyway and although my darts aren't quite right and some fudging was required to fit the final seam on the base of each of the liners, nobody is really ever going to know (except all of you, of course).
So here's my baby boy changing supplies basket,
and here's the girl one.
Job done and two ticks off my list - yay!