Friday 21 November 2014

Quilt Now BOM - part 5

Now I am really intrigued!

Part 5 of Reene's Medallion Block of the Month for the Quilt Now magazine involved some crazy patchwork and machine appliqued hearts.


Reene gave some choices for the crazy patchwork piece and I enjoyed playing a little with some of my machine embroidery stitches to fancy up the 'crazy' a little.  In her magazine article Reene says "If you're not having fun with this technique, you're trying too hard!"  and you know what, I think she was right! This was great fun!



Six of these quick pretties were to be made up as per this month's instructions and this is where I'm confused.


I now have 12 sixteen patch bargello blocks and 6 crazy heart applique blocks and I cannot figure out where's she's going next or how these all go together.  Oh, do hurry up Issue 6!!!

Thanks for a fun one Quilt Now and Reene!


5 comments:

  1. That Reene's a real bugger ;) Your blocks look fab! Not long to wait until the next issue ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous scrappy hearts! Love a bit of crazy patchwork! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. They all look gorgeous, I'm sure it will be lovely whatever happens next. I'm not sure if I could do a mystery quilt though, I think I like an overall plan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the different stitches you used :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I do try to respond to every comment, but forgive me if occasionally time does not permit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...