Monday 9 May 2011

New Class Project

At class we have started a new project - a lovely handbag and purse.  I am hoping that mine will be presentable enough to gift it to mum for her birthday next month (not a secret since I had her choose the fabric to avoid any faux pas on my part).  So here's the beginning -

Mum chose a soft green stripe
 and co-ordinating toile de jouy print 
Although not part of the original pattern, I have added a little divided pocket to the lining of the bag so mum can keep her little things and her mobile phone handy.  There's also a little D-ring tab to the side of the pocket which might be handy to hang the little coin purse from when it's all finished.

Bag lining pieces cut and ready to stitch
Looking forward to showing you more as it takes shape.

1 comment:

  1. Fab wee pocket. Might just have to write that into the next class!! Jxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I do try to respond to every comment, but forgive me if occasionally time does not permit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...