Sunday 1 September 2019

Mini Archie's August Furtle

Archie The Wonder Dog


August has mainly been about hand stitches of one variety or another because of time away from home and my machine on holiday.


There were some pretty appliquéd hearts


and more hexagon EPP for my Hexie Diamonds quilt.



I even tried a crocheted mandala in a hoop just for fun (and maybe as a trial run for future efforts).



I then indulged in a little more stitching from Carina Envoldsen-Harrison's book Mandalas to Embroider, choosing the lovely paisley mandala embroidery design.  I still need to finish off this hoop, but the embroidery itself is complete.



While on holiday I discovered that Karelia House was nearby, and I persuaded hubby that he could avail of the coffee shop and treat CT to half an hour in the little playground on site to afford me a quick snoop around.  As always, when I go into a fabric or wool shop without an actual shopping list for actual projects, I found myself overwhelmed, wanting to buy but not knowing what to buy.  I almost walked away empty-handed, but I spotted a cotton yarn (I think it's 94% cotton) in one of the special offer packs and made an impulse buy with a view to stitching up a shawl.  As you can see, I have already made a start with a very simple pattern - Candy Kisses Triangle Scarf by nanascraftyhome.com.  So far, it's working up well.  I have no idea how big I will be able to go with my 10 ball pack but I'll keep going and see.  I hope I can get a reasonable size as it feels so soft and has a beautiful chunky drape without the irritation of wool which I just can't wear next to my skin.



I also managed a sleeping bag for my Little Miss, just scraping a finish in the month by stitching the final stitches last night - which means I haven't blogged about it yet.

And then, there are these ...

I didn't actually work on these next two projects this month, but I'm sneaking them in here as a 'confession'.  I had forgotten about these two WIPs - a case of tidying them away having put them 'out of sight, out of mind' for a number of months.  I rediscovered them when pulling fabric for my holiday projects. 


This is a Christmas Countdown wallhanging


and this one is a heart wallhanging akin to the strippy heart quilt I made last year.   I really should make a better list of my WIPs and keep an eye on them!

So, lots of 'bits' this month which have probably just increased my Works In Progress numbers (not to mention the extras I 'found' - ssh! don't tell the Committee!


5 comments:

  1. Your hearts are beautiful! And I love Carinas mandala book too, I must go back and make some more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All looking lovely, my personal favourite are the Bonnie and Camille hexies. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. These projects are great. I too can't stand wool next to my skin and applaud your efforts with the cotton yarn. The committee will approve of your finishes, I'm sure. Good luck with all your WIPs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many beautiful projects there! Brava! Even a little progress is progress, and I'm guilty of putting stuff to one side, and then it gets covered by other stuff, and yea, I forget about it, so you're not alone. Particularly like your paisley mandala embroidery--such a fun shape to stitch, no? As for The Committee, I shall not utter a single mutter... xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. How does CT like her new sleeping bag? The Committee were thrilled to see the finished hearts cushion on instagram alongside the crocheted mandala and paisley embroidery and now they discover that you've started a(nother) new project AND unearthed two undisclosed wips. Oh dear *shakes head* *prepares tea tray with the fanciest of fancy biscuits*

    P.S. Thanks for furtling!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I do try to respond to every comment, but forgive me if occasionally time does not permit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...