Monday 19 August 2019

Crocheted Mandala Play


One of the other things I did while on holiday earlier this month was to have a wee play at crocheting a mandala for a hoop.

I took some scrap yarn just to play with and armed with the free Spirit Mandala pattern from Lillabjorn Crochet I spent a happy evening hooking away.  It got a bit tricky when the final round was joining to the hoop - only in the sense of getting my hands in a tangle but it was very satisfying to finish the project and have it look like the pattern picture.

I won't keep this one on the hoop though because I don't really like the appearance of the yarn.  I don't like my colour balance and the DK acrylic is a bit too heavy looking for the wallhanging I would eventually like a mandala to be.  But this was play, and exactly the time to discover these things.  My main aim was just to see if I could do it.  Maybe when I'm ready make one for real, I'll try  a finer cotton yarn.  There are lots of possibilities and the fun part is that it can be hooked up in an evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I do try to respond to every comment, but forgive me if occasionally time does not permit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...