Sunday 17 December 2017

Quick Make Drawstrings


Aneela Hoey's Stitched Sewing Organisers book has a pattern for a drawstring bag and I fancied trying it out.  It didn't take too long to make but I made a bit of a mess of my hexagon tab ends for the drawstrings.  Being impatient to finish I switched them out for some squares ones, which I didn't manage a particularly neat job of either, but hey ho!

This pattern is a bit more involved than other drawstring bags I've made but I would make it again.  It has a darted bottom which gives it a really nice shape and the overall size of the bag is a good medium sized gift bag, I'd say.



No sooner had I set my bag down than a little pair of grabby hands ran off with it!  CT had so much fun pulling the drawstrings and hiding her little things inside that, of course, I had to stitch her up one of her very own.  Perfect tiny treasures bag!

2 comments:

  1. I have not made a drawstring bag since I was at school, many decades ago. They are another thing I keep meaning to have a go at, especially as they make great gift bags. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're gorgeous!!! I glue my tab ends before sewing (whether zip or drawstring) using a cocktail stick and some fabric glue and the result is far improved on what I was managing before. (No need to let the glue dry for a long time, using the cocktail stick means you only use a small amount of glue and it sets in seconds.)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I do try to respond to every comment, but forgive me if occasionally time does not permit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...