Saturday 5 November 2016

Playing with crochet

For scale this is about 20cm/8" in diameter at this point.


Back in the middle of August I shared with you my French Knitting experiment.  That's a rather grand way of saying I was indulging my childhood curiosity about French knitting and trying to work out what I could do with the resulting scrappy "yarn" length.

As the length coming through the knitting dolly grows I wanted to keep it tidy and untangled by working it up as I go.  This will avoid having to join "yarn" if it runs out because this way, I will just keep knitting the yarn I need until I don't need any more - make sense?  So, I scoured my Pinterest board where I've been pinning mandala and rug and daily patterns for ages, found one to use and then I made a start.  It's only a small start, mind you.  This is Round 1 and a few stitches of Round 2 and those trebles are eating my yarn faster than I can knit it up!  

This is really fun though and the chunky stitch texture is perfect for a decorative floor rug perhaps for CT's bedroom where the foot traffic will be minimal.  If only I was faster at the knitting dolly bit just because I'm impatient to see how it will work out ;-)


1 comment:

  1. Sorry I've been so bad at keeping up with blogs lately! I LOVE the new look! Jxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I do try to respond to every comment, but forgive me if occasionally time does not permit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...