Saturday 24 September 2011

Thank you and More Charity Bee Blocks

Firstly I need to say a really big thank you to Leanne for sending this all the way across the Atlantic - 




Made by Leanne, She Can Quilt
Isn't it gorgeous?  Leanne you're a treasure - it was more than enough that you sent us some lovely Wonky Star blocks for our Bee Blessed project, but I am overwhelmed that you sent Judith and me one of your fab coasters each as well.  How kind!  


For those of you who haven't come across Leanne's blog, She Can Quilt, you really must hop over there and have a peek.  Leanne's blog often has amazing quilts to inspire but I have to confess that I am in particular awe of this recent creation - go on take a look and tell me it's not amazing!


Remember Karen's call to arms for Kind Stitches charity bee blocks for quilts for the Thai children?  Well, here's my contribution.  These were fun and not too tricky, so if you fancy lending a quilty hand check out Karen's post for the details.




And finally, a few more blue Wonky Stars to boost the collection for the boy's quilt top at our next Bee Blessed get together.








We've had an amazing response from all of you, our blogging friends, and next weekend we hope to be able to piece three Wonky Star quilts with all of your contributions added to those blocks made by our group.  Looking forward to being able to show you our progress soon.  Thanks again - you're a great bunch!

3 comments:

  1. Love those PERFECT star blocks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you like the coaster, it is so fun to see it there, a long way from home!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I do try to respond to every comment, but forgive me if occasionally time does not permit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...