Friday 23 September 2011

Planning Ahead

It's out with the colouring pencils and calculator for another project I'm planning as a Christmas pressie.  I'm hoping this one will be a lap quilt but I'm a bit nervous about pulling it off.



It's not a pattern and it's not just a repeating block so I'm going to work my way backwards on this one and start with piecing the borders. I have tried to calculate the sizes for the panels that will be the internal body of the quilt but just can't get my head around them enough to be confident that I'll not end up an inch short in the panels and then mess up the border.  So I think it's safer to do it this way round.

I am looking forward to making a start on this one as it's for someone special and if I can get the ideas out of my head and onto fabric should be spot on for this person!  Tricky stuff this customised quilt designing!  Sorry I can't show you more at this stage, but maybe I can show a few more sneaky peeks as I go along.

In case you're interested, those lovely dark fabrics are Makower Ravenwood.  They really are gorgeous up close.

2 comments:

  1. Oh this is going to make one interesting quilt. I look forward to following progress. And happy I can comment today because it wouldn't let me the last post.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I do try to respond to every comment, but forgive me if occasionally time does not permit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...