After spending some time crawling around the living room floor (my poor knees) I finally positioned all the blocks so that no fabrics were matched to themselves. This was a bit trickier than I anticipated, but I think I managed it (bit late now if I've missed one).
Laying this out was a bit of a surprise. All sorted and laid neatly on the floor it began to look a little overwhelming as it's quite a bit larger than any of my previous quilts. Anyway, onwards ....
I pieced the blocks together and now I have a fab blue and white quilt top! Woohoo me!
|Hanging sideways to avoid trailing in the wet grass.|
|I just added this pic because I liked how it billowed in the wind.|
I would be lying if I tried to tell you that all my seams and points matched up perfectly but adopting the "blind man on a galloping horse wouldn't see it" approach, I'm actually very happy with the outcome. I am a little anxious about how I'm going to manage the quilting on this bigger piece than I'm used to, but chuffed that it looks good at this stage.