Friday 14 August 2020

Drunken Curves Cushion



In between the Jelly Snowflake pattern releases I worked on some smaller projects.  This curvy cushion of drunkard's path blocks was one.  Originally, the colours were chosen for a decor plan in the house that we haven't moved in to.  DS had some lovely new bedding in mind and together we had figured out fabrics and a designee liked for a co-ordinating cushion for his bedroom.

I think he made a great design choice.  My drunkard's path piecing was refreshed by Leanne's brilliant video, which I was so glad is still on her blog.  Unfortunately, I think my trimming was little dodgy and so not everything matched up as well as I'd have liked but I decided to live with it as it's not the end of the world.



I found a perfect bright zingy yellow zip in my stash and then duly went and hid it behind a lovely zipper enclosure!




As always, my go to tutorial for this kind of backing is Just Jude's great tutorial.  I add a little lining into the backing as I go, but this tutorial never fails to get me neat results.




And hey presto, one grey and yellow drunken curves cushion!  Now all he needs is a newly decorated bedroom to put it!



3 comments:

  1. beautiful drunkards path, and stylish colours. Lucky lad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks amazing! Hooray for finishes! *waves pompoms*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous cushion and such a pretty palette of colours. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I do try to respond to every comment, but forgive me if occasionally time does not permit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...