Sunday 14 June 2015

Moda Modern Building Blocks - Blocks 12 & 13

Scrummy reds to enjoy in today's showing off of Moda Modern Building Blocks.  Again, both of these blocks will measure 12" finished.

Moda Modern Building Blocks - Block 12
I chopped up my pretty red boats from Daysail for block 12.  Must admit that I would like to have been able to keep the HSTs all directionally upright but I really was trying to be economical with my fabrics and cuts since I only have a little of these and hope to use them in more blocks and in some EPP too.  So frugality won out and my boats are topsy turvy.  Still pretty though!

Moda Modern Building Blocks - Block 13

Block 13 is a bold, simple block that was easy to piece.  It is good that in this quilt top of many HSTs and flying geese there are more restful blocks to piece from time to time.

One of things I noticed early on when choosing my fabrics for this quilt is that the original solid fabrics that the Moda quilt uses are similar to the colour palette of many of the Bonnie and Camille fabrics in my stash.  On the whole, I have been able to "translate" that into my fabric choices which has kept the decision making process slightly easier for me.  Occasionally, though there are a few blocks where that isn't possible (e.g. I don't have any of the B&C yellow fabrics) and when I have come across those I've simply tried to mix something else in that hopefully won't lead to too many similar colours or pattern designs meeting when the blocks are put together.  I guess I shall see when it's all done whether it works or not!


4 comments:

  1. I really like these blocks and your fabric choice! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've always been good at putting fabrics together! They will all look fab together. jxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Reds! Must go buy some!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love both blocks and am full of admiration for the pointy points in the first one!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I do try to respond to every comment, but forgive me if occasionally time does not permit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...