Friday 5 June 2015

Moda Modern Building Blocks - Blocks 10 & 11

Working through the blocks of the Moda Modern Building Blocks quilt, no 10 is the start of 9 blocks that finish at 12" square which brings them into a much more familiar size for me to be working with.

Moda Modern Building Blocks - Block 10
Block 10 is possibly one of the most "involved" designs of the 12" blocks but there wasn't anything unmanageable in it and I love the mix of navy, aqua and orange that I settled on.  The edges of my block are a teeny bit wavy but hopefully that will "ease" when I get around to joining them to their quilt-mates.  I think this block would make a lovely single block quilt if you were to supersize the measurements, don't you?

Moda Modern Building Blocks - Block 11

Block 11 was blissful.  No flying geese or HSTS, just strip piecing and a quick trim and Bob's your uncle.  I love its simplicity - both in construction and look - and the freshness of those greens from Scrumptious (I think) and Daysail make me smile!




2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous blocks and I particularly love the cross hatch dot in the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Helen on the cross hatch - gorgeous. jxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I do try to respond to every comment, but forgive me if occasionally time does not permit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...