Thursday 27 November 2014

Sparkling Gemstones Finally Finished!

Remember this?


Gorgeous Trudi worked her magic on my quilt back at the beginning of October (yes, that long ago). Since then all it has needed is binding and a label, however with one thing and another I never quite got round to it.


Time to change that and get another tick knocked off that FAL list.



I've really struggled to take a decent picture of this quilt.  Either it has poured with rain and is too bleak and dark to see anything at all, or the sun is shining low through the windows casting deep shadows.  Sorry, these are the best I could do but I hope you can see how bright and beautiful this quilt is and get a better idea of Trudi's fabulous quilting.



One last pic to prove I added a label.  I've said it before and I'll say it one last time, this quilt isn't my usual cup of tea fabric-wise but I am ever so glad I spotted it's potential in the Jelly Rolls Quilts book.  It's bright and fun and I plan to use it LOTS this winter.


12 comments:

  1. Lovely finish and gorgeous quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous! It really looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wasn't this your kaffe fassett quilt? If so I love kaffe fassett, and if not it is a gorgeous quilt Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's the perfect quilt to wrap around you on a dull, dreary day! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. the quilt looks splendid on the bed and I bought a jelly roll the other day with a plan to attempt it myself.Trudi did a quilting lesson at our MQG a few weeks ago, I did not take part as I could not transport the machine but heard what she was saying and following her saying janome machines were good quilters I had my 35 year old new home serviced and got a walking foot for it, only £12 and quilted a quilt on it, seemed to work much better than the bernina so that was a good tip she shared. now feeling a bit more confident and may even have a go at FMQ!!! srry seem to have prattled a bit

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's perfect for dull winter days. So cheery and bright!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely stunning, I love the picure of it on the bed. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This definitely caught my eye amongst the linky photos - gorgeous colours/fabrics and I love the pattern you have used - well done!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I do try to respond to every comment, but forgive me if occasionally time does not permit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...