Monday 1 September 2014

Bee Blessed - September 2014


I am sailing, I am sailing, home again, 'cross the sea ...

Just wanted to put that song in your head before you head off to stitch up our Bee Blessed block for September.  Yes, I know you will be cursing me will be when you are still singing it inwardly at midnight ;-)

So, yes here it is, September's Bee Blessed block - a little sailing boat:


The instructions for the block are here.  Please use a solid white background for the sky and a blue of some sort for the sea.  You can have fun with your boat and sails in any colours you like.  As Judith points out, you might find it easier to make the HSTs from 4" cut squares rather than the 3 7/8" squares suggested in the pattern.

I am sailing stormy waters, to be near you, to be free ...

Happy stitching!!  This block is a lot of fun to make.


7 comments:

  1. I still can't believe you found such perfect wave fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Sue for this latest block and yes I will now have the song in my head all day no thanks for that! Will own up to liking Rod Stewart he seems to sound better and better somehow

    ReplyDelete
  3. better Rod Stewart than Bobby Shaftoes gone to sea

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! I can't see the pic here for some reason, but saw your cute boat on IG! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've always loves this block. Love the fabrics used in this one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great block, Sarah! Sadly, I can't make it on Saturday, but I'm sure everyone will have great fun making these!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I do try to respond to every comment, but forgive me if occasionally time does not permit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...