Saturday 14 December 2013

Modern Quilt Guild of Ireland Christmas Swap

After several weeks making a Christmas table runner for my partner in the Modern Quilt Guild of Ireland Christmas Swap, this week was posting week and table runners have been winging their way across Ireland and landing on excited quilters' doormats.  I blogged about the runner I posted to Annette here.

On Thursday I arrived home to find that my swap parcel had landed!


 My partner took great pains to wrap my parcel beautifully



with several layers (just to keep me guessing).


And, here is the stunning table runner that was cosied up inside those layers.  Isn't it great?


I didn't waste any time getting it on to my table and in use.  I love the colours, the quirky fabrics and the fabulous fussy cuts that were included by Betsy Grey Crafts in the runner she made for me.  The whole things feels so fun and festive and got the seal of approval from my men too.


This last wee pic shows the wee yoyo Christmas tree decoration included in my parcel.  It's now hanging on our tree as a memory from the MQGI swap of 2013.

I am so delighted with this runner and cannot thank my swap partner enough for all the care and attention she took making it.

There will be many happy folks at the end of this swap and my smile is definitely as big as anyone's will be!

6 comments:

  1. Very sweet, love the gingerbread house and nutcracker

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cute, she has the best fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a beautiful runner and looks good on your table. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's stunning - so bright, colourful, and fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I do try to respond to every comment, but forgive me if occasionally time does not permit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...