Monday 16 December 2013

Fabric tape

Got a quick little tip for you today.

Remember that I had little half inch trimmings from my Scrumptious Brick Layer Cake Quilt?  Well, rather than throw them away I kept them to make pretty little fabric tapes for gift wrapping.  Here's how you can do it too.

You will need:

  • fabric scraps
  • double sided tape
  • paper scissors
  • iron
  • rotary cutter and ruler.




1.  apply the tape to the wrong side of your fabric strips.  If you have wide strips you can add multiple strips of tape, or even add several strips very tightly together to make a chunkier piece of fabric tape.  Cut the tape off at the end of your fabric strip.

2.  I don't know if this step is always necessary.  It may depend on the tape you use.  I found that to fuse the tape well to my fabric I needed to press the right side of the fabric strips.  This worked a treat.


3.  The last step is to trim your strips to the width of the tape to tidy up the rough edges.



And so, as easy as 1, 2, 3 you can have sweet little fabric tapes at very little cost and you are making good use of precious trimmings and scraps. (I made some from the scraps of the baby quilt I'm finishing too.)  One final tip is to check for good deals on double sided tape on ebay.

Have fun!


9 comments:

  1. Scrumptiously good! You are very inventive. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look fun! Only need some time to have a good dive in the scaps box.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you have certainly pushed the boat out here, I am sure they will be apreciated

    ReplyDelete
  4. Smart idea! Great scrap usage too :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fantastic idea. And I have both 1" scraps and double side tape!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just found your blog from a suggestion on an email from Bloglovin'. I think that this is a great idea and splendid tutorial! Thank you for sharing. Have a fantastic creative day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I do try to respond to every comment, but forgive me if occasionally time does not permit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...