Thursday 5 December 2013

Making Me Smile - 49/52


Smiling this week because I found one of these -



DS collects snow globes but it's not every year we can find a nice one to buy.  Mostly you can find a tacky one (and we have a few of those) but now that he's getting older it's a kind of an heirloom thing that we try to avoid more tack and find a nice one. (Mind you, tacky is probably a very subjective term.) Anyway, the past two years have been complete washouts on the snow globe front, but this year my local Post Office cum gift shop had this one on display. I can't wait to surprise DS with it when we decorate our tree this weekend!

8 comments:

  1. I love those! I only have one from Berlin. "let it snow, let it snow ..." next year you will make one yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have two Disney Christmas ones and love them. That wee snowman is as cute as anything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah yes, I can see it would be a bit of a challenge each year! Still, looks like this year's a good 'un :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. my daughter used to collect, probably still does, snow globes.
    we have "went off" this year, the water went all brown. We don't have a tree yet, just snow globes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't it nice when they don't grow out of everything!! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. very nice too, have you looked in Range, they have a massive christmas section, might be worth a visit if you have one near you. I am tempted to buy a real tree in a pit with roots, have not had a tree since I lost Mum 7 years ago and live on my own but think a real one that I can put in the garden during the year might be nice, not sure where it could go though!They were £12 .99 in Range.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That made me smile too. He will love it. Di x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I do try to respond to every comment, but forgive me if occasionally time does not permit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...