My long list of stitching plans for August went swimmingly well, in no small part due to the fact that I had two glorious weeks of holidays to free up lots of lovely "me time".
- I stitched the final stitch in my Forever hexagon quilt three years after I started it - yay!
- A giant star quilt top for Bee Blessed was whipped up from a set of beautiful Punctuation fqs;
- My FQR UFO's were made into a cushion and a finished embroidery;
- Fiona's block marked the end of my first year in a bloggy Bee;
- I made time to make a special gift for a very special friend;
- And, there were some wee fundraising makes thrown in for good measure.
Results, I'd say!
Moving into September I have a new commitment to fess up to. I have joined the Modern Stitching Bee and will start this month by making Leanne's requested blocks. Her block plans are fab, I just have to pull it off.
Bee Blessed picks up again after a much needed (by me) summer break and there is always plenty to keep us all busy there, not to mention the giant star quilt top that needs some attention too.
hipBees starts its 2nd year this month and I am kicking off as Queen Bee. I have already made my blocks in advance for the instructions sent to the others, but I do have a backing to piece for my first quilt so I'd love to be able to make some progress with that one.
Class - I'm also going back to class as a totally self-indulgent treat to socialise and make a pixellated heart quilt over a six week period. I am really looking forward to that as it's been a while since I've been able to attend and they are always loads of fun!
Maybe one or two little things might work their way through the sewing room as the month progresses. Who knows? Still some WIPs and UFOs that could use my attention, but this month I am definitely all about NOT stressing, so we'll see how it goes.
So, looks like I have a plan. What about you?