Helloooo? Could somebody bring back February please? It feels a little like I blinked and missed a whole month, or most of it anyway. Although my February plans didn't seem overly ambitious when I made them, I have fallen just a little short of completing them.
- In February Bee Blessed projects seemed to get most of my attention. There's such a lot on the go for our donations list and of course, I started work with Judith on the words quilt too. It's great to know all of this stitching is for such worthy causes.
- Some fun was had in the stitching and temporary kidnapping of Di's Ruby Geese.
- I finished the recycled shirts squares and strips quilt for my son.
- I stitched and stitched and stitched some more trying to attach the back hexagon border to my hexie quilt. Jeepers that was a loooong process!
- I just about squeezed in the sampler blocks for my MIL's quilt - though I did make three which was a bonus.
- But unfortunately, the snood is still on my crochet hook rather than a completed, wearable garment as I had hoped.
March will hopefully not fly by so quickly and will be kind enough to lend me a little more sewing time (she says keeping fingers crossed). So here's my plan:
hipBees - It's Rachel's month in hipBees and she has chosen a lovely block for us and is sending liberty and lovely teal or butterscotch solids. Looking forward to this block.
Bee Blessed - The words quilt needs more magic worked on it and I'll try to keep up with the monthly block too.
Special Birthday Sampler Quilt - I have been enjoying these sampler blocks and think maybe a granny square will be on my list this month along with one other - so many choices ....
Snood - hoping for a finish this month. I really don't have much more to stitch, just need to find time to do it.
And, having my head buried in real life I failed to note that Mother's Day is just around the corner, so if I can I might need to come up with a make that will be enjoyed by mum. We'll see how it goes.
Being honest, I'm not feeling hopeful about this month's plans as life just feels very hectic but I'm working on an aim-high-hit-halfway-and-it'll-still-be-something kind of policy.
Hope you have great plans for your new sewing month!