This March is not going out like a lamb that's for sure. Snow is still lingering in our labyrinthine streets out here in the sticks of NI, and I want to see some spring, pleeeeeeaaase ...
It doesn't feel like I got to the sewing room nearly as often as I'd have liked this month, but there were a few blasts of activity which achieved this little lot:
- Fun Bee Blessed blocks using the Happy Zombie Funky Wrench pattern - I really like how these blocks look and can't wait to see all the variations arriving from you lovely peeps for our quilt top. I also finished piecing a top from the Inspirational words blocks that Judith helped me to make. I think this is what I'm most proud of this month.
- Rachel's beautiful butterscotch Puss in The Corner block was stitched up and despatched back for her hipBees quilt.
- 3 blocks were added to the collection for the Special Birthday Sampler Quilt.
- The crocheted snood was finished and, I'm sad to say, is getting MUCH use.
- Mother's Day was serviced with a Martha May bag and a kindle case.
- Those lingering baby taggies are no longer upsetting my WIP/UFO pile. Hooray!!
- And, I stitched up a wee sunglasses case for a gift and started the preparations for a new EPP project.
So what about April?
Hmmm, I am really torn this month by wanting desperately to do some new things and knowing that I really need to get some of my "already starteds" across the finish line. Getting the balance right is difficult sometimes...
So here goes,
Bee Blessed - there will be new blocks to be made
hipBees - Karen is our Queen Bee for April - wonder what block she'll ask us to make for her? Also, it's my turn to be QB in May, so I need to get organised to send out those little packages at the end of the month!
Special Birthday Sampler Quilt - I'd love to get blocks 9 & 10 ticked off, though I haven't decided which blocks they should be yet.
An Infinity Scarf - it WILL be spring soon and I WILL be able to retire the snood until the autumn so, living in hope, and believing the folks who say these take no time at all to make, I'd like to sneak one of these into my list for April.
I would really love to add some more new projects to the list, but this seems like more than enough to be getting on with and much as I want to start new things, I don't want to increase that UFO list over there on the right! (Placing sensible head on.)
Hope you all have a fabulous Easter break and lots of time to indulge your stitchy passions.