Sunday 1 May 2011

Easter Update

Over the double bank holiday weekend I downed tools for a while to catch up with my little family and our extended relations.  So, with the sewing machine silent we decided to make the most of the glorious weather and headed out and about for walks in the forest, along the towpath and to the beach.  (NB This is also a great way to avoid chocolate!)

My two gorgeous ones!



As "real life" approaches again I feel as if I wasn't quite as productive as I could have been or should have been over the hols but I also realise just how much we all have needed the break from the normal madness of the school/work/family routine.  Never fear, I wasn't a complete sewing slob and did pick up a needle and thread in the evenings to try and extend my hexagon quilt top a bit further ...

I promise it really is bigger than the last time I pictured it.


... and yes, I did succumb to another Birdie Stitches block which I am supposed to keeping as my summer hols project (oh well!).
This one's February
in case you didn't guess with its profusion of love!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great time. I love messing about down by the seaside. One of the main things I miss about the Isle of Wight. And your hexies look great! Glad you got in some quality family time. Oh, and why would you want to avoid chocolate???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw your birdie stitches block is sooooo cute! How big are you going with your hexie quilt? Looks stunning. Glad you had some quality time out this week. Jxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I do try to respond to every comment, but forgive me if occasionally time does not permit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...