Tuesday 1 March 2011

Can you tell what it is yet?


If all goes according to plan this will become my latest sewing accessory.  It's going to be a tool case (think giant zippered pencil case) for my large scissors, machine brush, rotary cutter and all the other long items that won't squeeze into my sewing box.  Hopefully it'll keep everything together and stop me having to rummage in the depths of a bag for them when I go to class each week.  I made it up from the remainders of the left-overs used to make the weekend/project bag.

I won't lie and say this is turning out exactly as I planned it.  Had a little measurement hiccup and mixed up my length and width, doubling the wrong one, and had to resolve it by adding side borders of corduroy.  There are also some dubious looking straight lines thanks to the stretch in the checked fabric, but I've decided to keep it anyway.  On the plus side, my new sewing machine has a quilt in the ditch foot which was amazing to keep my stitching right where it should be - I see this little foot getting loads of use in the future, didn't even know such a thing existed!

1 comment:

  1. Fab idea! You're so creative & getting more adventurous which is good to see! Jxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I do try to respond to every comment, but forgive me if occasionally time does not permit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...