Sunday 22 September 2019

Christmas Countdown Wallhanging



A long time ago (2014 actually) Hadley (of Flying Blind on a Rocket Cycle blog) had a fab make in Quilt Now Magazine.  Not an advent calendar but a Christmas Countdown wallhanging.  I bookmarked it in my magazine at the time, you know, just case there was ever reason or time to have a go myself.  Then, of course, along came the reason but not so much time ;-)

Well, with the Lori Holt Cosy Christmas quilt finished I'm making the excuse of using up some of the scrappier leftovers and giving Hadley's pattern a go, at last!

The main part of the mini quilt is Christmas scrap heaven, of course, and perfect for Lori Holt's Christmas collection.  I've managed to complete the '...days until Christmas!' embroidery and have bondawebbed the numbers to some background squares.  A little bit of machine appliqué to secure them is the next thing - though I notice that I've forgotten to make a zero, so probably need to sort that out first.

Not sure that CT is going to grasp the backwards counting aspect of this any year soon, but one day I do think it will be a fun way to aid her on that skill.


2 comments:

  1. What beautiful hearts, hexies and now a Christmas countdown project! Happy Stitching from me in Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is going to be a brilliant project and will definitely help CT count backwards when she's ready to learn x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I do try to respond to every comment, but forgive me if occasionally time does not permit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...