Saturday, 4 April 2015
These little doorstops are the last of my trio of double makes for our new arrival. Along with small quilts and the basket liners for baby changing needs, I wanted to make door stops in both boy and girl options. I used some wee scrappy leftovers from the quilts for the central 9 patch and matched the boy fabrics with some denim and the girl fabrics with some of the home dec linen-type fabric I used in my Sidekick Tote.
The pattern is an Oh Fransson tutorial from a long time ago which I have always intended to make for our spare room, which then became my sewing room and will soon become the baby's room. Sadly, the tutorial doesn't seem to be available on Elizabeth's blog any longer so I can't link there for you.
For as long as we have lived here this door swings open. No matter how we have adjusted the hinges or tried to fix it we haven't had any success. As you can see it has been propped open for a very long time by an unfinished cross stitch which has been dust protected in a pillow case. Very glamorous!
I think you'll agree that these little pretties will do the job much more nicely.
So that completes the double makes I wanted to have ready for my new arrival so that he or she will have a few handmades by mum!