Friday, 16 January 2015
Memory Quilts - Making a Start
Remember the 700+ squares that I needed to cut for my plans for three memory quilts? Yep, this is them. That was a bit of a cutting marathon, but once I was in the groove I just kept cutting and counting (and choosing new iplayer programmes to catch up on).
So as you can see above and below I used the pile of aqua charms and the pile of red charms as background fabrics for each of the girls' quilts. The hearts are compiled from their dad's shirt squares and I think they are contrasting enough to work well.
These quilts are made to Judith's Pixellated Heart Quilt pattern which I used very successfully before. I'm hoping to piece these over the next few weeks and see a little more progress before too long. Meanwhile a small pile of shirt fabrics and bright print squares awaits layout when I feel my back is up to crawling around the living room floor again!