Monday 15 April 2013

Le Challenge #1 - Geometrics

For the past month I've seen a few mentions of Lucy and Nat's monthly Le Challenge popping up on some friendly blogs and thought that sounded like a fun idea.  I just didn't quite get around to deciding to actually participate.  Until last night at 11 pm that is!!  I think I may have had a moment of sweet insanity, but here I am joining in having only taken the decisive leap 24 hrs ago.

So, what do you make to fulfil Le Challenge when you've given yourself precisely two and a half hours of a Monday night to create something in the geometric theme?  A little quilted coaster of course!



This is a little 4" paper pieced Lemoyne Star block, border added and lovely geometrically quilted chevrons to finish.  I could kick myself for changing my fabric choice on the star points after I started stitching.  I got so carried away by loving the pink berry print that I completely forgot it wouldn't contrast with the white background fabric like my original green choice would have. Doh!  Anyway, it's just for me in my sewing space and I like it.  Eh voila, le challenge is met!

Are you playing along?  Fancy having a go next month?  Nat and Lucy's theme for next time is wings!   Hmm, might need more than 24hrs for that one!

15 comments:

  1. This is a gorgeous coaster! I'm looking forward to seeing what you make for wings :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! Can not believe that you managed that in such a short amount of time. Beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great! In such a short amount of time! Thanks for participating in le challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's lovely Sarah - I love instant makes like this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. V.cute - too nice to put a drippy mug of coffee on that's for sure! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice and it is a Ruby too. I am with Judith on the drip issue! Di x

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is lovely! I dithered for 2 weeks about whether to join in, but you really did cut it fine!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your coaster. Can't wait to see what people produce for 'wings'

    ReplyDelete
  9. neat little coaster! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nicely done and well done fore getting to participate at the 11th hour! I am going to check out the next challenge and see what I can come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute! And what a great job for waiting till the last minute. I love the colors and your quilting adds so much.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely! I like the way the berry print fades a little into the background.... Gives it a little mystery!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I do try to respond to every comment, but forgive me if occasionally time does not permit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...