First off there were 120 HSTs and 240 kaleidoscope triangles to cut -
|Phew! that was a lot of cutting.|
Then, I tried to pair up the HSTs with the kaleidoscope "arms" so they would be in keeping with the pattern I'd designed for my Kaleidoscope.
|Draft of my pattern - mixing darker blues with lighter.|
|Lights and darks paired alternately.|
|It just kept going and going.|
|Joined and pressed - these look like little kites to me!|
It's all coming together, though I must admit to a little trepidation as I started to join the solid triangles to the blue kites and I have a sneaky suspicion that I'm going to lose a few points in the final make-up. Might just have to live with them on this occasion though.