Sunday 10 July 2011

Kaleidoscope QAL - catching up

I've been playing catch up today on Don't Call Me Betsy's Kaleidoscope QAL which I joined and duly fell ill and therefore was unable even to make a start.  But after a big effort today, I'm on the way to being (almost) on track for the next set of instructions coming this Thursday.

First off there were 120 HSTs and 240 kaleidoscope triangles to cut -

Phew! that was a lot of cutting.

Then, I tried to pair up the HSTs with the kaleidoscope "arms" so they would  be in keeping with the pattern I'd designed for my Kaleidoscope.


Draft of my pattern - mixing darker blues with lighter.


Lights and darks paired alternately.
 Next came the biggest chain I've ever pieced - 120 joined pairs!

It just kept going and going.

Joined and pressed - these look like little kites to me!
 And finally some laying out to try to keep the values of my design correct for the final blocks.




It's all coming together, though I must admit to a little trepidation as I started to join the solid triangles to the blue kites and I have a sneaky suspicion that I'm going to lose a few points in the final make-up.  Might just have to live with them on this occasion though.

2 comments:

  1. You have done some serious work there! I love the white and blue purity of your quilt. It is going to be perfect finished. Well done for catching up on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You put me to shame, I don't have the excuse of being ill for not being as far on! Those blues are so peaceful to look at, especially with the crisp white - beautiful! Jxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I do try to respond to every comment, but forgive me if occasionally time does not permit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...