Thursday 14 January 2021

Project Bags

 

Last Sunday, I decided to make a project bag.  

As you can see, it quickly became two, three, four then five project bags!  I reckoned it was as easy to do the maths for all of them at once, and I may have been trying to hide from feelings of homeschooling doom that were threatening to settle :-(



I've been watching too much Kimberley Jolly and Lori Holt on You Tube so my head was full of their pretty project organisers and I had a case of the wanties.  A mess of vinyl, zips and happy fabric choices later, these little pouches are ready to store my hand stitching WIPs.  Yes, you read correctly that I have actively planned to have numerous WIPs and thus the need for sweet storage solutions ;-)


These two now happily house my Emilie Aime La Pluie embroidery from Un Chat Dans L'Aiguille and my Stitches from the Heart cross-stitch (a new free design from Fat Quarter Shop).  It's very satisfying to see them in their new little bags, and I have plans for the other two bags as well.  Just waiting on Royal Mail to deliver them!


While the pouches above have vinyl fronts, this one features one of my older sampler stitches instead.  It used to be in a nasty plastic mahogany effect frame - it wasn't doing it any favours! When I decided not to put it back on the wall after our home re-vamp in the autumn, I also knew that I didn't want the sampler to be consigned to a drawer for ever.  So, I thought maybe it would be nice to enjoy it on a stitchery pouch.  I wasn't sure if the Tilda fabric worked well enough with the cross stitch and blackwork sampler, but the good folks of IG gave it the thumbs up and ta da, one sampler project pouch!


This one is quite a large bag.  Big enough for an A4 sized project pack.  You'll note I've filled it already.  During my mega tidy out in the autumn, I discovered this long forgotten cross-stitch advent calendar project. I couldn't have told you how long this one has been around except I found the packing receipt in the package.  2006!!!!  I do remember eagerly awaiting it's arrival and getting stuck straight in but I have no idea what happened that my enthusiasm fizzled out so quickly.  I've stitched some of the little ornament parts on the plastic canvas mesh but there's much more to do, and I haven't even started on the actual calendar fabric itself.  Oops!  Perhaps it's something that CT would enjoy - it is very cute.  Of course, I need to NOT leave it another 14 years to finish up.  Maybe one or two years more and she'd be a good age to appreciate it ;-)  Living in hope, folks!

I'm chuffed with my little project organiser bags and suspect I'll make some more in due course - just sayin'.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I do try to respond to every comment, but forgive me if occasionally time does not permit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...