Sunday 9 December 2018

Chunky Cut Christmas Quilt



My Christmas fabric stash
(and I should own up that there's a bunch of Lori Holt Christmas fabric somewhere too).

I'm not quite sure how I ended up with so many Christmas fabrics but a restless Friday afternoon, knowing I had a Saturday night with a few sewing hours ahead, I decided it was time to reduce that stash a little bit.  (Yes, I should have been doing something more useful with my WIPs, but you know how it goes ....)



I made this pull which I think work fairly well together, look suitably festive and should make a bit of a dent in that Christmas box.



A super quick, chunky pieced sectional quilt planned out on squared paper and off I went, cutting and stitching the sections.



It required a little attention, but not too much brain power which was handy since I don't have much of that right now.


Eh voila!  Some Christmas stash busted and a big happy, no nonsense Christmas quilt top all ready to be quilted when I finally get some 505 for basting.  There's no way this will be finished for this Christmas, but that's grand, that wasn't really the plan anyway.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I do try to respond to every comment, but forgive me if occasionally time does not permit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...