Thursday, 1 June 2017

Moda Modern Building Blocks Quilt - finally finished!



This quilt has been 2 years in the cutting, stitching and quilting and is one of those quilts that is going to be forever associated with a particular season of my life. Do you have those kind of makes - ones that take on resonances and memories as you work through them?


There was a bit of a buzz about the Moda Modern Building Blocks pattern around the time when I bought it and started to work on it, but of course, it has taken me so long to finish that the buzz is now a faded hum somewhere off in 2015!

I enjoyed making a quilt of different sized blocks, even if those HSTs were the bane of my stitching times.  The range from 36" to 6" blocks was fun, though I have to admit that near the end, I wished there'd been a few more 24" and 18" ones and not quite so many tiddlers!


As you can see, this quilt has had a professional touch from the awesome Trudi Wood as there was no way my abilities were going to cope with quilting all 84" x 96" of it on my dining table!  As ever, Trudi has worked magic on the quilting, breathing life and flow into the blocks.

Even with my friendly helpers this quilt is a biggie to squeeze into shot.


With the hardest part contracted out, all I had left to do was bind and label it for a finish. So, hooray for another tick of the WIP list and a finish to declare for FAL Quarter 2!

6 comments:

  1. this is pretty spectacular you must be thrilled and yes the quilting looks lovey too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just stunning, you must be thrilled that it is finished. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just beautiful! It must feel so good to have this WIP off the list! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sara, the quilt is beautiful! You did a great job! Love the quilting too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh goodness, this is one of the prettist Moda Building Blocks quilts I've seen! Great colour combo and lovely swirling quilting! I too made this one, but was never very happy with it, the blocks all seemed out of proportion!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I do try to respond to every comment, but forgive me if occasionally time does not permit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...