Saturday 29 October 2016

Happy Days BOM - Month 7

Finally, I have caught up on the blocks from Month 7 of Sarah Fielke's Happy Days BOM.  Round of applause please. (Taking a bow, right now.)



The song bird from Block 10 was the very last of the main blocks I stitched.  It was prepped for ages but I think I avoided it because of all the overlapping sections.  It did require a bit of concentration not to stitch the wrong pieces over each other, but eventually I did it.  Probably not one for sewing late at night, but needs must ...



This stunning foundation pieced block is Block 4 and my very favourite of the FPP blocks in the quilt.  Its crisp lines really appeal to me and I was really happy with this fabric combination too.



I also managed one more of the border blocks too, so now there's just the matter of those last 3 border wreath blocks and maybe I can start putting this quilt top together when Sarah's instructions for step down piecing arrive.  Another technique I've not tried before.  Bring it on!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I do try to respond to every comment, but forgive me if occasionally time does not permit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...