Saturday 21 February 2015

Farmer's Wife Baby Quilt Finished

Ta da!



It has only taken three and a half years to make something with my Farmer's Wife blocks but it's done. All quilted and bound with pink scrappy binding.




This little sweet sampler quilt is headed off to Bee Blessed to be donated to the Royal Victoria Belfast's Mother & Baby HIV unit and I'm delighted it finally has a purpose other than sitting in a box on a sewing room shelf.  It also feels good to finish my longest UFO and remove it from the sidebar list after so long.


9 comments:

  1. So glad I am not the only one with slow projects. Love how your quilt turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt is beautiful. Lucky baby and mom who get it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a stunning quilt and such a beautiful gesture to gift it to a worthy cause x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Someone will be very happy and has a hug hugely neede! Sometimes it takes time to finish something. It is lovely

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks fantastic! Can't understand that you left it so long unfinished! I always can't wait to see the end result. You'll make someone very happy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Who cares how long it took? Super that it's finished and it will be loved! I think it's a real beaut.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done for getting to the end on it, it's hard to motivate ourselves when we fall out of love with things!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I do try to respond to every comment, but forgive me if occasionally time does not permit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...