Thursday 5 July 2012

Quilt Progress

The only advantage to wet summer evenings is that it creates a little more space (and the excuse) to sneak off up to the sewing machine and get on with some stitching.  And getting on with things is exactly what I need to do as a number of unexpected family visits and plans for later in the summer have suddenly added to my quilting to-do list.

I have pieced together all the blocks from these little jelly roll strips I cut a few days back and now I have a crisp, clean quilt top.




It all came together nice and simply, though admittedly with a few wobbly strips in there (don't look too closely) and I really like it for its simplicity.


Now there's just the small matter of budgeting for wadding and backing and binding (groan) before I can finish it.

10 comments:

  1. Great quilt top. I know exactly what you mean about doing a top and then having to think about the budget to finish it! I'm always more productive in the summer too - odd considering there is so much more going on then!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a gorgeous quilt. Simple is quite often better as far as I am concerned. Good luck with the budgeting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This turned out fab!! Looks like wee sets of stairs! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colours are great together Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful quilt Sarah! How big did it finish up?

    ReplyDelete
  6. it is lovelly the colours work so well together xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is a simple quilt but the crispness makes it special. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nicely done! yes we have to juggle pennies at times, but when you get there, it will be so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This has turned out beautifully! So calming! Love it. Jxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I do try to respond to every comment, but forgive me if occasionally time does not permit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...